Essentials for Starting a Pathfinder Ministry
You have just embarked on one of life’s greatest adventures with God. Through continued prayer and personal Bible study the Holy Spirit will guide and equip you as you establish Pathfinder ministry in your church. You and your church will never be the same again!
How to begin a Pathfinder Club:
Included are links to forms that will assist you in this exciting new adventure.
- Acquire Pathfinder Ministry resources from the Conference Youth Ministries office, AdventSource, or other leaders.
- Contact your Pastor, your Area Coordinator, Conference Pathfinder Director, and New Club Coordinator, to plan and meet with them on a regular basis for guidance and direction.
- Read the booklet “Seven Steps for Successful Pathfinder Leadership” and follow the steps as outlined with guidance from your Area Coordinator.
- Purchase a Pathfinder Staff Manual (from adventsource.org) and become familiar with the Philosophy & Objectives and the concepts and structure of Pathfinder ministry.
- Get church board approval to start a Pathfinder ministry.
- Because having a Pathfinder Club is an outreach ministry of your local church, it is required that your church board approves it with recorded actions in the board minutes. Items you should include for the church board to approve is the Curriculum, Calendar, Special Guests, Field Trips, and Club Finances.
- Together with your Pastor, review the following New Club Worksheet in order to put together a proposal to present to your church board.
- Get signatures from church board members as specified on the following New Club Charter Application and mail or fax the completed form to:
3440 SW Urish Rd,
Topeka, KS 66614
Send Faxes to:
Attn: Youth Ministries
- Gather Your Leadership Team
- With the support of your Pastor and the church board, recruit members to become active as Staff. Share the need, vision, and enthusiasm of what Pathfinder ministry can do for your youth and larger community around your church.
- Invite your Area Coordinator to join you for Staff organizational meetings to help teach the fundamentals of Pathfindering and to build the ministry vision of your Staff. Use the New Club Worksheet you started working on with your Pastor.
- Have all your staff (including yourself) complete the Adventist Screening Verification. This is required for ALL staff.
- Complete Step 2 On the pathfinder-club main page.