Essentials for Starting a Pathfinder Ministry
You have just embarked on one of life’s greatest adventures with God. Through continued prayer and personal Bible study the Holy Spirit will guide and equip you as you establish Pathfinder ministry in your church. You and your church will never be the same again!
How to begin a Pathfinder Club:
Included are links to forms that will assist you in this exciting new adventure.
- Acquire these Pathfinder Ministry resources from the Conference Youth Ministries office.
- Contact your Pastor, your Area Coordinator, Conference Pathfinder Director, and New Club Coordinator, to plan and meet with them on a regular basis for guidance and direction.
- Read the booklet “Seven Steps for Successful Pathfinder Leadership” and follow the steps as outlined with guidance from your Area Coordinator.
- Purchase a Pathfinder Staff Manual (from adventsource.org) and become familiar with the Philosophy & Objectives and the concepts and structure of Pathfinder ministry.
- Get church board approval to start a Pathfinder ministry.
- Because having a Pathfinder Club is an outreach ministry of your local church, it is required that your church board approves it with recorded actions in the board minutes.
- Together with your Pastor, review the following New Club Worksheet in order to put together a proposal to present to your church board.
- Get signatures from church board members as specified on the following New Club Charter Application and mail or fax the completed form to:
3440 SW Urish Rd,
Topeka, KS 66614
- Gather Your Leadership Team
- With the support of your Pastor and the church board, recruit members to become active as Staff. Share the need, vision, and enthusiasm of what Pathfinder ministry can do for your youth and larger community around your church.
- Register your New Club and include all of your new staff in the registration
- Involve your Area Coordinator to join you for Staff organizational meetings to help teach the fundamentals of Pathfindering and to build the ministry vision of your Staff. (See the following document Pathfinder Staff Meeting Planning.)
- Have all your staff (including yourself) complete the Adventist Screening Verification.
- Once the Conference Youth Ministries Office receives your New Club Charter Application, yearly Club Registration, and all your staff have completed the Adventist Screening Verification you will receive a Certificate of Operation.
- Congratulations! You are on the journey of Pathfinder ministry!